Technical Underwriter /Cosigner
Location: UP Ayala Technohub, Quezon City
• Minimum 5 years underwriting experience
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Extensive knowledge of medical impairments, co-morbidity and non-medical factors
• Extensive product knowledge of individual life insurance products
• Excellent time-management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service and listening skills
• Ability to influence and negotiate
• Strong team player. Ability to work well in a team environment
• Willingness to embrace change and innovation
• Proficient in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Power Point,
• Actively participate in department meetings and case clinics. Give presentations, as required
Reporting to the Underwriting Manager, the Cosigner / Technical Underwriter is responsible for evaluating and verifying junior underwriting decisions, providing training, coaching, administrative & system support for Life insurance product lines in order to achieve mortality and pricing objectives.
1. Handle referrals / cosign requests from junior and intermediate underwriters within service standards
2. Provide training and coaching in the form of underwriting, product, process and/or system training to support the underwriting team.
3. Review customer facing correspondence for quality before it is released and provide qualitative feedback as needed. Resolve escalations and complex cases that require customer touch points via phone or written correspondence.
4. Assess applications for Life products up to authority level, within published service standards. Openness to pursue morbidity based products in the future.
5. Analyze and interpret medical, non-medical and financial information according to company philosophy
6. Determine appropriate requirements to maintain mortality and pricing objectives
7. Develop and maintain positive, co-operative working relationships within Underwriting, New Business and other departments
• Determine and order the appropriate underwriting requirements in order to assess the risk.
• Determine when a requirement is needed and when we can do without, based on the applicant’s medical history, age and amount applied for
• Use of “soft skills” to coach junior team members and motivate them to improve and/or change behaviors.
• Communicate with direct clients both verbally and through written correspondence to ensure exceptional service experiences are always realized.
• Use and interpret Munich Reinsurance underwriting manuals
• Assess all pertinent risk factors and arrive at sound underwriting decisions, within underwriting authority. Must achieve at least an average of 90% agreement on four (2) quarterly underwriting audits
• Document all appropriate factors on the Underwriting worksheet, without under or over-documenting
• Manage time effectively to ensure Cosigns, New Business and Mail are handled within published service standards
• Explain underwriting decisions in a clear and customer-focused manner. Offer alternative approaches, as required
• Handle co-signing and referrals from Junior and Intermediate Underwriters within time service standards
• Bring recommendations for handling and process improvements to the Underwriting Manager
How to Apply?
Send updated CV to: email@example.com
For more I.T./I.T. for BPO/KPO jobs, please visit: www.itpilipinas.wordpress.com
NOTE: No Fees will be collected. Only qualified applicants will be entertained. Your resume is being kept with utmost confidentiality. All questions and inquiries will be answered during interview.