AIX/Unix Systems Administrator
Location: Taguig City
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent certifications (MCSE, MCP, HP-UX, CCNA, CCNP).
- Minimum 1 years experience within IT Operations, infrastructure services support (Systems and Network management), operations monitoring and end user support.
- Minimum of 1 years technical knowledge of the applicable platform that you will be responsible for: Windows and Microsoft Products, AIX, HP-UX, Web browser and web environments, SAP, SQL, Oracle, Network management and HP Open View Products.
- Must be able to demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes, preferably ITIL trained.
- Must be Filipino citizens or hold relevant residence status
1. Responsible for Technical Content of the Incident Management Services.
- Build strong working relationship with Technical Supervisor, Customer Service Agent and tower support and technology teams.
- Good awareness of the customers business and in-depth knowledge of the customer’s environment and support processes.\
- Complying with the ITSM & SLA standards by observing the Incident Management lifecycle processes.
- Be proactive to anticipate issues or situations which impact service availability and critical response time, and take necessary mitigation steps escalating to management’s attention, where appropriate.
- Support and assist the Technical Supervisor for documentation libraries for responsible areas, ensuring compliance with internal standards; also accountable for updating the documentation.
2. Multi-disciplinary process quality definition \ improvement.
- Contribute in quality and productivity improvement projects, providing analysis of information.
- Ensure the following of processes and best practices outlined by the Technical Supervisor and Management.
- Provide technical consultation as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the Shift Manager / Lead / Supervisor and Customer Service Agent during escalations.
- Being responsive to clients whilst following the principles and procedures of the quality management system
- Identify, analyze problems and suggest improvements identified in their own area of responsibility and implementing those with a recognized business benefit
3. Technical Skill Levels & Training requirements.
- Follow training plans, requirements and schedules as outlined by the Technical Supervisor.
- Complete and keep up to date with all Mandatory trainings. (ITSM, Security Fundaments, Standards of Business Conduct, Environmental Health and Safety, Standards of Personal Conduct)
4. Case Management
- Ensure all cases are acted upon conscientiously and in the framework expected according to the SLA.
- Provide clear and unambiguous communication within Incident Management case tools with frequent and timely updates.
- Chase any outstanding teams for case updates as appropriate, whether internal or external, ensuring that cases are resolved in a timely manner and do not breach SLA, else when required escalate to the Technical Supervisor / Customer Service Agent.
- Must be a Service and Customer orientated team player. Flexible, self motivated with the ability to work under pressure in an International and culturally diverse organization.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Good motivational skills plus verbal and written communication skills, strong command of English Language. Must be additionally fluent in at least one of the common languages of the supported customer (dependant on region).
Knowledge of AIX, UNIX, HP-UX & Linux. Knowledge in TRU64 or other UNIX systems is a plus. This Include:
- Kernel messages
- UNIX Processes
- Hardware faults (EMS)
- Clustering and high availability (Service Guard)
- File system, LVM
- Health Check
- Performance evaluation
- User Management
- Good Broad network knowledge
- Oracle Database
- Knowledge of other DB is an advantage Knowledge of HP OPENVIEW and HP ITO monitoring an advantage.
How to Apply?
Send updated CV to: email@example.com
For more I.T./I.T. for BPO/KPO jobs, please visit: www.itpilipinas.wordpress.com
NOTE: No Fees will be collected. Only qualified applicants will be entertained. Your resume is being kept with utmost confidentiality. All questions and inquiries will be answered during interview.